Wednesday, October 2, 2019

You Oughtta Know

Mama, there's some things you oughtta know. Some things I wish someone would tell me, so I'm gonna tell you. Because helping you will help me. Let's help each other. 

You are enough. And you're doing a damn good job. 

Everyone, mom or not, needs to hear this. Having someone tell you this is incredible and lights you up from the inside out, but sadly, we don't get told it enough, if at all. So, you are enough and you're doing a damn good job. 

You've made mistakes, and that's totally ok. 

No one is perfect. And if their social media channels showcase their 'perfect' life just know it's all a front. Because let's face it, no one is perfect. 

You are an amazing mom. 

A DAMN. GOOD. AMAZING. MOM. And don't you forget it. 

There's no right or wrong way. 

Just do it your way. And make it up as you go if you need to, no one will ever know. You do you boo. 

Your parents are SO very proud of you and who you've become. 

They are. They really, really are. They look at you with admiration and a glow in their eyes at the woman, and mother, you've become. They just don't know how to verbalize it to you. 

Your child is lucky to have you as their mom. 

So. Very. Lucky. Even when you're pulling your hair out, crying alone in the bathroom just trying to poop alone, dreaming of that post-bedtime glass of wine. They're SO very lucky. 

You'll never know it all, and that's totally ok. 

Take a deep breath, think real quick, and go with your gut. 99% of the time you'll be all good. The other 1% you'll deal with it after. 

Drive the struggle bus. It humbles you. 

I drive this bad boy all.the.time. so hop on board with me and let's go for a ride. Hey, we'll even drink and drive together. 

Haters gonna hate no matter what you do. Eff them. 

No one tells you how women are the most judgey creatures on the planet. But judgey moms are THE WORST. They're always gonna be there, hating. So let them hate. They're just jealous. 

It's ok to ask for help. 

For whatever. To put groceries in your car so you can calm down a cranky toddler. For five minutes to yourself to breathe and catch a break. Heck, make it fifteen. To stop in a random aisle at Target to savor your hot cup of coffee while your baby naps in the carriage. For a hug because you feel like you need one. Just ask. It's ok. 


When you feel the urge, just let it out. All out. Because if you don't, and you hold it in, you're going to snap one day at the absolutely worst possible moment to snap. 

Being a mom is the hardest job you'll ever have. And also the best. 

No comments :

Post a Comment